It’s not uncommon for me to be utterly immobilized by having Too Much to Do. There’s easily a list of 100 things I need to be doing right now, but I have no earthly idea where to begin, and so here I am, staring at the computer screen and/or writing a blog post, alternately thinking about paths not taken and my lack of motivation to take the paths before me, however attractive they may be.
A few choice items which are currently being neglected:
- Bring up 87 metric honkloads of laundry from the basement
- Organize my office
- Clean the kitchen
- Any of 1000 craft things I’ve been wanting to do
- Get the garden ready for planting
- Finish mulching the raised bed area
- Write up the giveaway post for 1 gallon of coconut oil
- Try to grow my business
Lists help; it feels good to check things off. None of these will get checked off today, however.
If you struggle sometimes with motivation, how do you deal with it when everything seems so overwhelming?